Titan ceramics recommend always our valuable customers to buy each and every thing for good, quality & stylish as per the value of their money.
So we are glad to introduce the products blog for your dream house future and supports to valuable taste as per the above Couplet
What are the Spacers?
Tile spacers are made of polypropylene and designed to uniform the width between the two tiles. Thanks for them; the workers can do the installation of tiles fast and accurately. They are able to avoid the crack propagation to the tile adjacent. To create the most aesthetic of the Laing tiles, the spacers do the best job in making the alignment of the walls or the floors with impeccable grout joints.
Either prepared the spacers in “T” or “+” shapes that are placed between the tile to tile it’s maintain a stable and consistent spacing between the tiles. The spacer produces a gap that is filled by grout, which would finally give a strong identical & fine appearance to the surface. This article explains the essential features of tile spacers and the steps to use it.
Tile spacers can help in giving your job a professional end. As well as providing a variety of stylish designs options for purchasers / house owners and also it’s come in a range of shapes and sizes.
Why need the spacers?
- There exits the heat expanding and cold constricting problems.
In the atmosphere moisture, temperature & humidity is unstable for all climates. While the moisture and the humidity if change, the tile and the cement mortar will have some change in their shape as per the combination of the chemical reaction. The civil engineers known this matter but unfortunately their customers / clients they not understand for engineer’s clarification. So it will get some extending and retracting.
If there is no gap between the tiles, the tiles may crack or fallen away from the wall/floor, its occurrence temperature if increase. And the same piece of the tile may compress to the other. So both tiles may have broken
2. There are some inaccuracy on the tiles when while making, its nature from the soil elements
So don’t worry and hesitate to buy the spacers from the tile spacer suppliers. Because it is very important for full fill to the nature’s defects. And sure we can’t guarantee each of every piece of the tile can be right without any error. As we all know it’s from nature soils and the tiles are formed by the machines. There is must be some minor errors in while the making & Trimming the edges.
So it’s very necessity thing for the spacers to the above noticed problems resolving, and sure the appearance will good looking and neat with values of our money.
- The workers may have some mistakes make while Laing the tile.
Tile Laing is a skill, its needs the workers relevant skills with proper tools with them, and the workers must be have familiar with this task for the process of Laing, at the same time, impossible for the workers without any mistakes.
They can’t accept neither we can’t blame to them, because workers may lay the tile on daytime very well. Same can’t do as night well as the daytime tiling, while they are working at night. And the moods of the workers also affect the tiling results.
So it is very important to leave gaps in between the tiles. If any mistake happens we can find and rectify immediately
How to apply the spacers?
Titan ceramics always advice and request to the our valuable Buyers / Engineers / Layers to must prepare for tile pre-Laing method its very help full the clients & seller, for smooth and understandable business and please follow the below for very important
1. Locate the centre of the room (both length-wise and width-wise) and use a chalk line,laser level or line twine to create a gridline. This will ensure your first tile and spacers are aligned in a straight line and in the centre.
2. Lay your first tile in-line with your reference point (either the chalk line, laser level or line twine).
3. After your first tile is laid, put a spacer on each corner of the tile (ensuring they are flush).
Note: When using floor tiles it is also recommended to use two “square” spacers per side (in addition to the plus spacers on each corner). This provides additional accuracy along the length of the tile. You can turn a “plus” shaped spacer on its side to create a “square” spacer.
4. Place the next tile against the spacers of your first tile. Then place additional spacers against the remaining corners of the new tile.
5. Repeat this process, expanding the wall/floor outwards using the spacers at the edges of each tile to keep a consistent distance between tiles.
6. When you come to an area where you do not need a four sided “plus sign” spacer use a T-shaped spacer. Place the “T-shaped spacer” with the flat end against the wall or other surface. Alternatively, you can break one “leg” off a normal “plus” spacer to make a “T” spacer.
7. You can now begin the grouting process, which closes the space between the tiles, bonding them together tightly and providing a waterproof seal.
Advantages for the spacers?
- Simple to renovate,
- Levelled tile surface,
- Cover-up tile defects,
- Takes care of thermal expansion,
- Life span is more
Disadvantages for the spacers?
- Additional cost for the grouting material,
- Extra time to work,
- Needs trained worker
Tips for spacers?
1. It is not recommended for the size of the spacer used to go below 2mm for wall tiles and 3mm for floor tiles due to the requirement of strain release. All walls and floors are subject to movement (due to climate condition changes etc) and without an element of stress release tiles will either crack or buckle.
2. It can be finalized to use the spacers at least with size 2 mm its convenience and aesthetics appearance of toilet floor tiles.
3. It should be taken care to fill the joints using joint filler, which matches with the tile colour within the next day of tile lying.
We are always nonstop being of assistance your future Dream House, Thanking you.